The syntax of the launching command is as follows:
thot [-display display] [doc1 doc2 ...]
All parameters are optional. If none are provided, the editor starts
without opening or creating any document.
- display indicates the screen on which Thot must work.
- The last parameters specify the list of documents to be opened at startup.
Documents can be referenced by their directory and file name (with or without
.PIV suffix), however names only are sufficient: indicating the suffix or the
directory is not required if the directory is included in the configuration
file (see section 7.9.1).
The launching command of the editor produces the following result on the
- Closing the editor
- The ``Quit Thot'' entry must be selected from the ``Files'' menu of the
Thot window to quit Thot. Before closing the application, the editor closes
the documents still open. For each document which has been modified since the
last saving, the editor proposes, as during the ``Close the document'' command
(see section 7.5), a form with three
- ``Done'': to abort the closing procedure of the application without saving
- ``Save the document'': to save the document before closing the
- ``Close, don't save'': to close the application without saving the
[Section 3] [Table